1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Silkie hen in N MS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Anna-Mossity, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Anna-Mossity

Anna-Mossity Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2007
    Horn Lake, MS
    I have a blue silkie hen, about a year and a half old that needs a new home. My two red stars have started abusing her since something got the other silkie I had. They have plucked her tail feathers out and I'm sure it will only get worse. I currently have her seperated in a cage, but she needs a good home where she can run around. Great setter as well. Local pick-up only please.
    [​IMG]
    In the first picture she is in the little cage, and the second is her running around the yard, with blue lotion where her tail feathers were.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. ma2babygurl13

ma2babygurl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    Do you have pictures?

3. Anna-Mossity

Anna-Mossity Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2007
    Horn Lake, MS
    Pictures up now!

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I don't mean to intrude but she looks more like a red silkie than blue. That is my opinion.

5. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I think the sun's rays make her coloring washed out. [​IMG] That happens to my blacks/blues sometimes.

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:I think the sun's rays make her coloring washed out. [​IMG] That happens to my blacks/blues sometimes.

Oh okay.

7. starkbeauty

starkbeauty Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2008
    Camden, AR
    Do you still have her? I'll be in MS next week and will be staying in Horn Lake, thanks, Crystal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by