FREE Silkie roos and hens in N. Mississippi

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by marie_martin, Oct 23, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I have to get some new blood in the flock. I will have several of my roos and a hen or two as well. I also have some silkie cross chicks for free. I am in north MS and will not ship. I might consider a trade for something? Please contact me via email if interested.

Thanks for looking.

Marie

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Just edited my previous post to FREE! I will try to post pics later if there is any interest.

Marie

3. Marie,

Are you going to the Silkie Nationals in Shawnee Oklahoma in December? I dont think its that far from you is it?

4. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I won't be able to attend any shows. I recently changed jobs and won't have any time off for a while. I work most saturdays too. And I don't think my flock would benefit someone with show stock. These birds have some nice qualities but I don't think they are near show quality? I will be working to improve my flock and would love to have some of yors though? Maybe in spring I could get some eggs or something? What part of TX are you in? I am from Houston. I don't get out there very often, but we may be in spring. Not sure how far you are from there. Anyway, like I said these guys have produced some nice babies, but they are not show quality. Would be a great starter for someone though. And the roos are all friendly. Thanks for asking.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by