FREE Silkie roos and hens in N. Mississippi

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by marie_martin, Oct 23, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I have to get some new blood in the flock. I will have several of my roos and a hen or two as well. I also have some silkie cross chicks for free. I am in north MS and will not ship. I might consider a trade for something? Please contact me via email if interested.

Thanks for looking.

Marie

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Just edited my previous post to FREE! I will try to post pics later if there is any interest.

Marie

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Marie,

Are you going to the Silkie Nationals in Shawnee Oklahoma in December? I dont think its that far from you is it?

4. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I won't be able to attend any shows. I recently changed jobs and won't have any time off for a while. I work most saturdays too. And I don't think my flock would benefit someone with show stock. These birds have some nice qualities but I don't think they are near show quality? I will be working to improve my flock and would love to have some of yors though? Maybe in spring I could get some eggs or something? What part of TX are you in? I am from Houston. I don't get out there very often, but we may be in spring. Not sure how far you are from there. Anyway, like I said these guys have produced some nice babies, but they are not show quality. Would be a great starter for someone though. And the roos are all friendly. Thanks for asking.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by