1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Silkies in Northern New Jersey

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by donnap1967, Oct 14, 2008.

1. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    I hatched silkies in June and have a couple silkie roosters I need to find a good, loving home for. I am not allowed to have roosters where I live and as much as I love them, I cannot keep them and risk losing the whole flock due to neighborhood complaints.

They were born on June 26th so they are four months old. They have been handled frequently so they are very friendly. One is a nice looking pet quality blue silkie and one is a black silkie with straight feathers. The black is purebred but the recessive straight feather gene popped up. He is really sweet though and his iridescent black feathers are soft and gorgeous. I love petting him [​IMG]

I live in Ringwood, New Jersey and will not ship. I would like them to be picked up so as not to traumatize them too much. If they can find a home together that would be fantastic.

I will not charge anything for them, just want them to have a nice home.

2. Kecene

Kecene Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2008
    Orange County NY
    Where are you located in NJ?
    I'm on the border of NY,NJ,PA

3. donnap1967

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    I am in Ringwood, NJ. You can check it on a map...it's Passaic County. [​IMG]

4. donnap1967

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Just a quick update...I may have found a home for the silkies. I will update over the weekend if it doesn't work out.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by