Free Special needs Silkie girls and one rooster: Vancouver, Wa /Portland, Or area

kelar

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
yacolt
I have seven young Silkie hens and one cockerel I would like to place in a special loving home. I won't ship them, so must be within driving distance of Yacolt, Wa., which is about an hour from the Portland, Oregon metro area. The birds are as follows:
2 seven month old white pullets; both have cross beak problems and one also has a twisted foot. Both get along fine, but will need periodic beak trimming.
2 seven month old porcelain pullets with wry tail.
1 seven month old lavender split - black & orange in color - she has had wry neck
2 one year old white hens that have had wry neck
1 seven month old white cockerel with neurological damage
The girls that have had wry neck have been nursed through the acute stage and are doing fine on their own, but they will need to be monitored for relapses and put in a non-stressful living situation. The wry tailed pullets should do just fine, no special care needed. The cockerel suffered a head injury as a youngster and although he is doing fine living with a group of pullets, he does not act at all like a rooster. I've never seen him crow or try to breed the girls. I'm sure he would fit in even in a city living situation where crowing roosters are not allowed.
I would really like to see all of these birds go together to a knowledgeable pet home where they will be loved and cared for. They will need an indoor place for protection against the weather, but I'm sure they would also enjoy going out on nice days. Secure predator protection is a must for silkies because they don't fly and their large crests sometimes obscure their vision. Please pm or email me if you or someone you know can give these birds a loving home. All have been vaccinated for Marek's Disease at hatch and come from an NPIP & AI tested flock.

Back
Top Bottom