Free: Splash Polish Rooster in Lexington, KY

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
He's not quite 20 weeks old and today he is crowing up a storm in my backyard. I live in a suburb! He's pet material, he wouldn't be good in the stew pot anyway since he's scrawny.

He needs to go ASAP because of the crowing! Everyone is getting ready to lay and there is suddenly a lot of sexual tension in my chicken pen.
roll.png

I wish I was closer...but Hi from a girl who grew up in Versailles! Nice to see someone so close to "home" on here!

Have you posted him on craig's list? Unfortunately they don't shut up! My Black orp lets EVERYONE know he's there! And he can't tell time!!

I just posted him on there a few minutes ago.

I could keep him if he only crowed once or twice a day...but he seems to have crowing fits where he crows like 80 times in a row! His crow isn't really long or annoying, but I don't think my city neighbors will appreciate it regardless.

Especially in Lexington!. You never know what blue-blood horse person whose great grand daddy founded something you're gonna offend!!

I love central KY but there are some things I don't miss. You're not near a country club or golf course are you? That would be bad!
hugs.gif

I'm not! I live really close to the Jessamine Co. line in an average neighborhood, so at least it's not a nice area where people will complain right away. I know the neighbor behind me loves my chickens, and my neighbors on one side are on vacation for spring break. The neighbors on the other side broke our garage gutter off by practicing lacrosse against the wall, so if they complain to an authority, I'm calling a repair company and sending them the bill...lol. Though chances are the complaint would be anonymous anyway wouldn't it? It's really the people who live behind me to the right and left that concern me since I don't know them at all and have no way of finding out what they are thinking.

Are you out Nicholasville road then? Before or after the Wal Mart at MAn O War? That makes a big difference too. But don't worry. I'm sure you'll find a good palce for him soon. I'm praying for you!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom