Free to a good home: Black sumatra rooster

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickenhuntin, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Chickenhuntin

Chickenhuntin In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    Walworth county, WI
    Very pretty boy. But I chance of loseing the whole flock due to ordinance issues. I got one pesky neighbor that threatens to turn me in if I don't get rid of him. Please Somebody take him. Before I Either cull him on the pesky neighbors door step or see if Sumatras really do adapt to the wild. Joking. I could never sacrifice a great bird like this one. But I may have to ditch him on a farm one early morning though, If I don't find a good home for him. Email me @ [email protected]

2. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Songster

Too bad you aren't closer. [​IMG]

Are there no local Sale Barns around that you can take him to? Check it out. Or local animal shelter.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT "ditch" him at a local farm in the early morning hours. This would be the same as dumping him in the woods someplace and "hope" he makes it!

3. birdsNbeesNseeds

birdsNbeesNseeds Chirping

Apr 24, 2010
    You should post this in the for sale/free section "8 weeks and over" on this forum or in farm and garden on Craigs List and give him a good home.

DO NOT DUMP HIM.... you'd probably just be giving him a death sentence to a stray dog and causing problems for other people.

4. Chickenhuntin

Chickenhuntin In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    Walworth county, WI
    I got a pretty fair exchange. I traded the pullet and cockrail for a laying red star less than a year old. And I got a egg this morning. Now I am saving it for a Breakfast Sammie once I get another. Hopefully ol' gally will show how these Pullets how to lay. They are about 5 months old,(born in march) Pretty soon anyday.

5. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Songster

Glad to hear it is a win-win! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: