free to a good home: hand raised, very tame rooster (s)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MaryFrances, Jul 6, 2011.

1. MaryFrances

MaryFrances Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2009
    Clarkesville, GA
    These great roosters have outgrown my humble coop. I would like to give them away, together or singly, because they are so friendly. Great with kids. One Rhode Island Red, one little Banty who is completely tame and undersized because he is a bit of a runt, one sweet little Barred Rock, and one Brahma. I'm in Habersham County GA. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out my new camera.
    Henry the Rhode Island Red likes to jump for treats. He is enthusiastic and friendly. Little Tiny, the Banty likes to ride around on my shoulder or on my head. He has black feathers with green highlights. He imprinted on me and I believe he thinks he's human. He is very sweet. He talks to you a lot. My niece Sarah named Tiger the Barred Rock. Not too bright but very, very sweet. I call the Brahma Fluffy but he is the strongest and loudest of the lot. A beautiful bird.

I don't want to give these guys away, but being in a downtown rental cottage, they gotta go. It breaks my heart.

I have someone who will pick them up soon but I know they're destined for the soup pot and it is a pity for such tame birds to go that route. They must be picked up but I can drive them if you are not too far away.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    What kind of chicken is the little banty? How old is he?

3. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    I would love the Brahma and the RIR.. and trust me when I say they will not be soup... our chickens are spoiled rotten..lol

not sure where Clarksville is.. in relation to me.. I am south of Griffin a little bit.. not far off I-75. Would you consider meeting me 1/2 way? PM me

Shelly

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by