Free to Good Home in East Tennessee-- Guineas, Quail, and Chickens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jywel417, Sep 16, 2009.

1. jywel417

jywel417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    Hey guys,

I am having to move and one of the doctors I work for at the vet can take most of my chickens for me and keep them til I get somewhere I can have them again but in the mean time I have a few chickens/guineas/quail that I need to find homes for. I have all their hatch dates written down but the folder is at my house and since I don't have internet there atm I will have to check for exact hatchdates later. At the moment I have:

3 pearl guineas -- about 4, 5 months. 2 females and 1 male is my best guess. They have been raised with the chickens, free range during the day, and go to the coop to roost at night. They are not fond of being handled but will come up and take food out of your hand then run.

7 coturnix quail -- 3 of them are about 4 months old (2 girls one boy) and the girls lay 1 egg per day. The other 4 are about 1.5 months old and at this point those 4 all appear to be female. One I hatched from an egg from the first 3 the other 3 I got that same week since none of little incubator buddies decided to hatch

1 Delaware Rooster -- he is about 5 or 6 months old and talks to me every morning. He will crow from inside the coop in the morning before it is light if he hears me out and moving and will come out and crow once it is light outside. I was given him when he was about 3 or 4 months old and he will let you hold him but is a little harder to catch but he REALLY likes his girls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 Golden Sebright Rooster -- he is 4-5 months old and came from the coop back in the spring. He is a lovely boy (imo) and tries to crow but is still a bit squeaky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I may have a few more kids that I need to re-home but at the moment those are all I need to re-home. I would prefer them to go to homes where they aren't going to be eaten but seeing as I have to find them new homes I may have to take what I can get. I do not want any money for them just want them to go to good homes or happy flocks. I am located between Oak Ridge and Clinton Tennessee. Let me know if you are interested in anything I have. Thanks again guys!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. Bird Brain

Bird Brain Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Hixson, TN
    Its all I can do to keep myself from getting your guineas and Delaware! My husband would hurt me

3. jywel417

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    hahaha [​IMG] I know what you mean [​IMG] I am just lucky the doctor I work for is willing to take on the rest of my chickens, think she is getting around 25 atm lol

4. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    what part of east Tenn. I may be interested in your quail and Delaware roo

[​IMG] i just read where you are at let me check my map

[​IMG] kinda far to drive on a thursday afternoon

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Are you still coming to our chickenstock? If you do, I'd take your guineas for sure, and probably your quail too. Sorry you are going through this, everything will work out in the end [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. jywel417

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    I was hoping to make it to the chicken stock but UT "lost" my information for my loans so I am pretty strapped for cash atm. . . . hence the no internet at home and that is also why I have been absent from the boards . . . . but I may be able to talk my mother into a road trip hehehe Will let you know!

7. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    The coturnix can come live with mine if you like. I don't eat meet aside from seafood, so there's no danger there. [​IMG]

I live in Lebanon, but I frequently travel to Knoxville so we could arrange a meetup some time. Just let me know!

8. jywel417

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    Amazondoc,

That would be awesome!! My sister recently moved to murfreesboro as well so between you coming my way and me coming your way we could work that out.

On a side note I was wondering if you were still running East TN Dobe Rescue since you moved or if you work with a different rescue group, or decided to not run a rescue anymore. Wasn't positive and have been meaning to ask you.

9. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Whitney I can take the guineas, they'll fit right in with the batch I raised this year. Let me know...

10. jywel417

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    The roo has a home now [​IMG] one of the girls I work with has a father with a flock of hens so my del roo gets to go live with them. I don't think I will be able to make it to KY this weekend [​IMG] so chere if you want the guineas let me know! That will work great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by