Free to good home - Silver Laced Wyan. hen - VA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by birdlover, Aug 13, 2007.

1. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I'm in No. Va. (Fairfax) but am willing to meet someone half way. She is a little over a year old and I want to rehome her because she keeps pulling the tail feathers out of my poor cuckoo maran. I ask only that you are someone that allows your chickens to free range and consider them as pets, first and foremost. I don't want Betty to end up at an auction or on somebody's dinner plate!! Thanks!

Ellen

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    If you don't get anyone closer to you to take her Ellen, I will...DD lives in Springfield and is coming home the weekend of the 24th of Aug. if that's not to late for you to hold on to her...Let me know...Send me a PM on the other BYC site...lol...Can always meet you half way....

Tuffoldhen

3. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Hey Tuff!!! I can't get on the old BYC anymore. [​IMG] Can you email me? Where do you live in Va. I forget! That would probably work fine having your DD take her for me. We'll talk more on email, k?!!

Ellen

4. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Ellen,

I live north of Lynchburg and would be interested if you don't find anyone else that is closer or that is interested. I free range and all of mine seem to all be happy. I will wait to get info from you... email me... and yes, I can meet you half way

Tes

5. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Tes...did you get my email?? I'd like to arrange something with you! [​IMG]

Ellen

6. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    No email this morning... got one last night... I will check again in a bit... give it time go threw cyber space, maybe it took a wrong turn somewhere LOL.

Tes

7. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I think that's the one I'm talking about! haha Do you want to meet half way? I need to wait a bit as Betty hurt one of her toes big time last night. Her toe almost was totally cut off! Bled a LOT with tissue mixed in...not a pretty sight! I have her isolated iin the laundry room and it looks like it scabbed over nicely. She should be ready to go in a few days. What say?

Ellen

8. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Awww poor Betty... I hope she will be okay... keep me posted.... and yes that is fine... I will send you an email later on today.

Tes

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by