**FREE TO GOOD HOME, WASHINGTON**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Light Brahma chick, hatched 2.5 weeks ago. Hatched fine but its bill has become crossed (more & more so with time). It is eating & drinking fine...but I do not want to use it as breeding stock.

Free to good home. Can PM pics.

Thanks,

~Heather

2. Still available...but hubby wants me to let him put it down this week...unless I can get rid of it. Any takers?

3. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Songster

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    Maybe you could send the little guy with my golden laced cochin roo? That way you can tell hubby that the Brahma has a home, just waiting until we meet in November......

4. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    If u caan't find anyone else, I will take him.

5. Quote:I can do that! Perfect! It was hatched out about three weeks ago--so it's still needing a heat lamp & pretty tiny. Brahmas grow really slowly...the bill has gotten worse. It's extremely crossed...but it's eating & drinking okay....

6. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Songster

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    I have a brooder in the garage with heat that he should be happy in. We'll just make sure he's spoiled rotten. I don't know much about a crossed beak, though. As long as he is able to eat and drink he's ok? Anything special other than that I would need to do? My sister-in-law is a vet (and specializes in birds), maybe she would be able to do something for the little guy (or girl).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  7. Quote:I'm not really sure...I just know I don't it in my breeding stock in case it's hereditary. It was not hatched like that but it started crossing a few days after hatching & now it is completely mis-aligned to the point that the entire bottom beak is exposed and twisted off of the top part. I do use a coffee grinder to grind up the starter crumbles even finer which seems to help. Otherwise, it's in there with all of the others it's same age & is doing fine.

8. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Songster

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    I'll tuck him/her in with my 2 week old golden laced wyandotte chicks. Should be just fine, and I have some ideas for feeding from checking some of the threads on crossed beaks.

9. [​IMG]I lost her this weekend. [​IMG] I went out yesterday to clean out the brooder & she was perished.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: