1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FREE Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana (?) cockerel-pick up only MI

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by erinlee, Dec 9, 2011.

1. erinlee

erinlee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2010
    Baldwin MI
    I have an extra Wheaten (possibly Blue Wheaten ??) Ameraucana cockerel available to a good home. Hatched in July, is either from peachick's lines or pips&peeps lines (I got hatching eggs from both and had 1 rooster hatch from each batch). I *think* this one is from pips&peeps eggs but I'm not 100% positive.

Had 2 roosters hatch out and only need 1. The two guys are now fighting over the women so one has to go. Would prefer him go to a good home and not the stew pot.

Located in Baldwin, MI, pick up only. May be able to meet part way or deliver within reason.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I would like him but not sure where Baldwin is. I live in Eau Claire WI. Are you in UP? [​IMG] Thanks I can send pics of coop to you, they get prime feed and care.

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
  4. putty

putty Out Of The Brooder

I would take him if we could figure out how to ship him to NJ

5. erinlee

erinlee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2010
    Baldwin MI
    I'm not in the UP; Baldwin is about 30 minutes due east of Ludington MI if that helps; 90 minutes north of Grand Rapids or 90 minutes south of Traverse City. I sent you a PM also [​IMG]

Thanks 1muttsfan; I posted it in the MI thread. I didn't know if that was allowed or not so I thought I'd post here to be safe. [​IMG]

Sorry, Putty, I have no idea how to ship poultry! I'm pretty sure you need special boxes to do it too and I don't have any.

6. mama dixie

mama dixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    oh I would love to have him. I am in Oregon and have two beautiful hens he would love. I am going to get some hatching eggs I guess but I would get him in a heartbeat if i were closer... we have like 35 chickens three roo's and I alternate letting them out with the girls... they get good food and good care and many times think they are dogs and follow us around our property. we have kids around alot so our chickens get handled alot. we mainly have Cochin but love our two americans and want a couple more...

make sure he gets a good home....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by