FREE White Bearded Silkie Rooster in CA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chellester, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    [​IMG]

I need to rehome this rooster to a good, loving home.

The story behind him is: I bought him as part of a trio of silkies while they were still chicks in the hopes of getting one roo and two hens. Well, I ended up with two roos and one hen, so I need to rehome one of the roos.

He is very tame, and can be hand fed, but does not like to be picked up. He is not aggressive to people or other animals in the least bit. He is approximately 6 months old.

He is free to a good home only and as long as you can pick up. I live in the Stockton-Modesto area about an hour south of Sacramento. Anybody who is interested can email me.

Thanks for looking! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    He is so pretty! If i did not already have a couple of roos (and technically unable to keep any where i live) i would love to have him. Hope he finds a good home.

3. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Thank you! I hope so too... he really is a sweetie! I hate to have to rehome him, but I've just got too many roosters.

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

SO it will take me about a day to get there ! can you wait that long HAHA>...... I so want a silkie ! I am in Oklahoma.not to far ?ya think? ......hope someone close comes and enjoys him............only time I wish I was back in Calif ! good luck to you !

5. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Quote:I'll bet. I wish I could get the hell out of here too, but family obligations have me here for now.

Thanks for your good wishes! Hopefully all this good Karma will help with getting this guy a good home!

6. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Chellester,

I can post him, your ad up at our local feedstore for you.

If you want I am located Morgan Hill. You are not that far for someone to pick him up.

Let me know email me if you want me to.

Lisa

7. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ha....well I was really DUMPED in Okietown.not a good start.but turned out to be a real blessing.......only time I miss So Cal is when I yearn for the beach or a real mountain ! Someday you may be delivered...........hopefully in a better way than I was [​IMG]

8. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Quote:I emailed you. Thank you for your generous offer! [​IMG]

Quote:Believe me, I would take any way I could to get out of here! I live right smack in the middle of the Central Valley, and it just gets busier and busier every year. We are in the country, but it's all tree crops, so all the natural beauty is long gone. I see pics of green, unspoiled countrysides back east, and think I've never seen anything more beautiful. *Sigh*

9. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Have you considered looking into petting zoos? i am starting to research in my area, as i have a couple gorgeous roos that need a good home. i also have a sister in Sacramento who i am tryng to convince she needs a chicken (rooster). Not sure that is a viable option, though. [​IMG]

Your gorgeous roo looks almost exactly like a roo i have. Too bad these boys get so intense, or i might be able to keep mine.

There is a petting zoo in my area that will take my boys, just not sure that is the best situation. Anyhow, good luck with your boy. Let us know if you find him a good home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by