1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free White Plymouth Rock Rooster-near NYC

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Ana M, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Ana M

Ana M New Egg

Aug 19, 2015
    I have a 20 week old white Plymouth Rock rooster. Well taken care of on organic feed and free range. Well mannered in a flock with 5 hens. Need to re-home him. Willing to drop off within a reasonable distance.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Good luck in finding a home for your rooster.

3. Ana M

Ana M New Egg

Aug 19, 2015
    Thanks! So much for sexing guarantees..... I'm heart-broken. My Ruby has been renamed Reuben.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It's sad, but realistically about 10% of sexed pullets turn out to be cockerels.

5. Dalqueen

Dalqueen Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2015
    Looking at this breed loving the white! Where are you located? Would love to adopt your rooster.

6. LehighCounty4-H

LehighCounty4-H Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2015
    Macungie, Pa
    i am also interested im located by Philadelphia it is a drive but the home where he would be going is awesome!

7. Ana M

Ana M New Egg

Aug 19, 2015
    Thank you for your interest. Reuben has gone to a farm upstate the day before you posted. I haven't had a chance to log on to let everyone know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by