Free white Silkie to a good home (Western NC)

Jsto

Songster
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
North Carolina
Hi guys! My poor Silkie is seriously getting beaten up and as much as it pains me to do so, I think it's time I found her a new home. She'll be 2 years old this coming summer and is an excellent little layer (usually an egg a day when it's warm, give or take a few missed days in between.) She's a sweetie and gorgeous when her feathers are in (right now she's fairly ragged because she's been getting picked on). She's not show quality or anything, but is a great little hen. She tends to go broody often, but is not particularly stubborn when you want to get her off the nest. She'd be an excellent mom!

I'm in Asheville, but am willing to drive 45 minutes - an hour to meet or drop her off. All I ask is that she's in a good place and preferably with other banties so she can get a break. I'll post a picture tonight when I'm able. Thank you!

I would love to have her,but I live in Ct.
I have three silkies of 5 months and two pullets in a great setup with an outdoor run and we free range them when we are home in the afternoons. My kids love our little misfit group. Anyone coming this way for the Thanksgiving holiday?

awww i wish i lived closer! i have bantys!

P.S. when chickens stop laying can they still go broody?

Aww, heyeddah, I wish CT was a bit closer. I think she'd do well with your group - it stinks that I can't ship her, but I just don't think she needs any extra stress right now. It breaks my heart to look at her at the moment.

Americana, I'm not sure about your question, but I imagine instincts are instincts. I could be completely wrong, though.

Did you find a home for your young lady? I am in Morganton and would love to have her if she is still available.

coachhaze in NC

I was curious if you still had the hen you are wanting to give away. I have several different beeds of hens and roosters, including some bantam sizes and they are all free range. I don't eat any of the birds and all receive names and a good quality of life. The name of my "farm" is Happy Hens Egg Farm. I am in Morganton and would love to have the little lady if she is still available. Please let me know.

coachhaze in NC

Hi coachhaze, sorry for not getting back to you right away. Unfortunately, I'm looking for someone who keeps only bantams and she needs a bit of special care until she heals. Right now I'm in the process of keeping her completely separate until she heals and may end up keeping her until then because I'm so attached. I will keep your name, though, in case the problem continues after she's all healed
smile.png
You sound like you have a great little "farm"!

Back
Top Bottom