FREE young Goats

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TiaView, Aug 26, 2010.

1. TiaView

TiaView Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Salem
    I live in Salem, NY about an hour North of Albany, 40 minutes from Saratoga Springs Race Track. I have several nice young purebred Nubian bucks that I'd like to place (they have horns, but are very gentle) and a runt (too small) to use as a milk goat, but bottle fed and VERY friendly, pure Nubian doeling FREE to a good home. I need to cut back before Winter. I will not deliver to anywhere but Saratoga Springs in the early AM (9:00). Hate to send them to auction. They were born in April.

1 person likes this.
  2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Are they a package deal or can they be split up?

3. TiaView

Jun 14, 2010
    Salem
    Either way...

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    how big do those get? and the runt?

5. TiaView

Jun 14, 2010
    Salem
    The little doe is VERY small. She was born in April, but is smaller than a pygmy. I think she'll be more like a small mini-nubian. The bucks are purebred, so when they are full grown about 150 lbs.

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Holy crud! Im out sorry...For some reason I thought they were like minis-like 25lbs! I dont have any but boy Ive been thinking about it

7. TiaView

Jun 14, 2010
    Salem
    LOL A goat holds their weight well. It's not THAT big! [​IMG]

8. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    yeah, my pygmies weigh more than my lab, but don't SEEM to be that big. 150lbs isn't as big as it seems. OH - I so wish I were closer!

9. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck finding a good home for them. Are their any farm animal rescue org's in your area? They might have some ideas about potential homes. There's one in my state that places a number of goats into good homes.

I have three wether goats and they are wonderful pets! Two are Alpines, so they are big boys (180 lbs). They walk on halters like a horse, and help keep the pasture mowed down. They were bottle raised so they will stand and let me trim their feet/groom them with minimal bribery [​IMG]

Melissa

10. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I would love the little guy, but he would need company, and I don't have any [​IMG] - I don't want him to be lonely!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by