Freebie 50yo coop stuff

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BairleaFarm, May 5, 2011.

1. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Back about 50 years ago than ran several hundred chickens here on the farm. we've used the 20x30 coop for storage since i could remember and today we cleaned it out. Dad called me last night and told me I could have any chicken related stuff I wanted. Pretty cool since 1. I love old stuff and 2. ive got nothing but a floor in my coop.

My coop. Well sorta. Ive got an 8x8 section in the rear of my shop for the chicks. way to small for the number of birds ive got so ill need to add on or build a bigger coop or something in the near future.

[​IMG]

Some of the stuff I got. Feeders - these are slick, the top spins to keep the birds off them. There are several sizes.

[​IMG]

Smaller feeders and walk boards

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About 10' of laying boxes.

[​IMG]

Waterers and oyster shells.

[​IMG]

and several other odds and ends. I havent decided if i want to remove all 30' of perches or build my own.

2. gocrow77

gocrow77 Crow's Nest

May 13, 2009
    Central MO
    Fantastic find!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    ooooohhhh neat. I just got an antique candler and a sears super hatcher incubator that holds 600 eggs

4. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    600?? my goodness what i could do with 600 chicks running around.

5. calista

calista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Wow, BF, with lots of elbow grease and willing assistants, you could have a money-making concern going again for your family. What a wonderful opportunity to make the past come alive and save plenty of money along the way.

P.S. Repaired and shined up, a lot of that stuff would sell well on your local CL, I bet. [​IMG]

6. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    the heck with selling it. ill be using it all in my coop [​IMG] Ive got a 40x60' barn sitting on a bunch of land here i thought about turning into a coop and running a ton of chicks. Im going to see how my first batch does and go from there.

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Great stuff!! Too bad the truck has been damaged with that Clemson decal though. [​IMG]

8. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    i dont even know who they are. it was on there when i bought it and been too busy to scrap it off. [​IMG]

9. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    Nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by