1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Freecycle!! Any place

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by moodusnewchick, May 26, 2008.

1. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    Check out your local freecycle, I think it's a group through yahoo! It's a site with the purpose of helping "stuff" stay out of landfills/incinerators...etc. I have found people giving away hand built dog houses, rabbit hutches, chicken fencing and wood. I just picked up a great hutch that I plan on converting for the next batch of chickens (yeah, i'm addicted). After my hutch pick up, my friends I went to pick up a free playhouse that my chicken-friend is going to use for a coop!! Both are in great condition!!

2. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    yeah freecycle is good but in my area its getting bad people are mean and nasty on there so rude..

3. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    http://www.freecycle.org/

I
    have received all kinds of construction materials from freecycle, as well as dog houses, feeders, landscape plants, etc., but I am fortunate that there are several large freecycle groups in my area.

Chel

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Mine here is awful!!! All we have is a bunch of people begging for stuff. Pretty pathetic, really.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  5. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I just tried to join one. I go there once a month for chicken swaps. It's an hour drive and they told me I am too far away. Come on people! I live in a rural area. An hour drive is nothing to get to the big grocery store and other places. My town does have a tiny grocery store but at least once a week we drive to the bigger town and yet they tell me I am too far away. Anyways...They won't get anything free from me. I was hoping to join to pick up some chicken coop supplies free but I guess I will be buying everything for my chickens instead.

6. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    It's allaccording to who the moderator of the county is. We have one here that would not let me become a member because they wanted just their towns people in theirs. Oh, well. their loss is the way I see it.

Why don't you become a moderator in your area for a freecycle. You can start your own.

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    i signed up for freecycle, but it wont let me join any groups because i have to have an yahoo id?? can someone explain this to me please?

any help would be greatly appreciated
    THanks!
    Hannah

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I signed up, wanting wood & building materials but nothing, so far...of course, it could be because most people in this area either don't have internet or want $ for things, LOL Or both! [​IMG]

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I prefer craigslist. There is a free section and it's easier to use personally.

10. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

You have to have a yahoo id because it is a part of yahoogroups.

Once you get the id you can tell it to use your other email address.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by