freecycle

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Godsgrl, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I guess it's true, you can get anything on freecycle:

OFFER: 4 cattle skulls

can be used for decoration in rock garden or painted

If they say so!

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    I have one that came with my house... The previous owner raised a steer and I guess had the head cleaned. There is a neat little hole right in the middle of his forehead...We call him Bob and he resides under the large sycamore tree out front with the tortoise shell and other various creepy things LOL!

3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:It sounded okay, until you mentioned the hole in the skull. I know, I know, they had to do it somehow. But I find it somewhat disturbing.

4. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Bob? Really? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Quote:Yes, Bob! LOL! It was either that or Roger and Bob just kinda stuck. You don't name your random animal remains? [​IMG]

6. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Runt Of The Litter

Runt Of The Litter Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    cheshire,UK
    woud hate to see their house,it probably resembles a grave yard albeit with paint.
    come to think of it,might go and dig up a skeleton from our local,later-we coud paint it a delightful baby poo colour covered in diamontes,a BYC mascot perhaps no?

have seen plenty of mattresses been given away on freecycle-almost always,these have pee stains on them,and their springs are just about to pop out,clearly people like that are just looking for someone to clear their house up for them.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I know where a horse skull is. Right under a tree near some single soldier barracks. Dont wanna know why its there and what they planning to do with it.

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's awesome! Cow skulls make excellent western decorations, and they are usually outrageously expensive in the stores.

Doodle <-Girl who loves collecting skulls! (And no my room/house does not look like a graveyard...yet. [​IMG])

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  10. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    LOL
    Around here they're a common and enduring symbol of the west...among other things, they're used in western & southwestern landscapes, decor, paintings, and other very pricey art.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by