Status
Not open for further replies.

JanetinTenn

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 4, 2008
Nashville Tennessee USA
Hello Everyone,

I think that I first heard about the Freedom Rangers on this forum. I wanted some from the first post I read about them, only to find that the company producing them went out of business back in April. I talked to the company owner, Barbara, and I have tracked down the company that bought the breeder flock from the former hatchery that produced the Rangers in the US.

I will not publish the hatchery name in this forum until I get my order in so I dont have to get put on a list and have to wait for mine! However... if any of you want some Freedom Rangers, shoot me an email at: [email protected] and I will send you the Hatchery name, and website.

Lookin forward to my Freedom Rangers!, Janet

JM Hatchery has the Red Bro which is identical to the Red Ranger and will be adding the black/gray line.

Yankee Chicks/Hall Brothers also carry them, but they don't have a website to confirm which flavors.

Honestly, why you we even post this here and not give the hatchery name is ridiculous. A forum is about exchanging information, not trying to one-up other people and holding onto secrets.

LOL, here's a secret: I LOVE my CornishX's & haven't had a bit of trouble w/them so far unless I didn't restrict feed and didn't have enough exercise area for them which a quick fix by amending errors ensured their quick response, too:) I know its my first 10 and yesterday the next 13 came in so after this bit of bragging, I'm due for a fall from my throne but so far I'm wondering how long I can keep them alive, too, as they are absolutely beautiful, clean, well feathered, with their body heat, they may just do very well for Alaska! Possibly its too hot "stateside" (or to quote Alaskan slang: "down there/stateside"). I was wondering if I've got to speed up my orders to get them grown before the cold weather but am rethinking that, as they do have a bit of warmth radiating from their beautiful selves...maybe I should start later in the season...something to ponder!

Greyfields, I posted it because I talked to the hatchery today, and the owner told me that he had none at this time, and would only have a few in the very near future, however... he will have many to sell in a few weeks. I want the few he will have to sell soonest.

He asked me to please put out the word where ever I could that they are selling the FRs, because they have not been getting many orders for them. He said he didnt think people knew they were available again, so they arent hatching many.

I don't know how to "get one up", and I'm not a great secret keeper. I just want to get my order in before they are all gone. Hopefully, I will get that done in the next day or so. I raise several breeds of turkeys, guineas, chickens and ducks, and I milk a herd of goats every day, (aside from my regular work) so my time is pretty stretched, and I have to discuss it completely with my business partner before ordering.

The Freedom Rangers were all broilers from Hubbard's "differentiated growth rate" line of birds. If you contact them, they'll tell you every hatchery in the US they've sold breeding stock to. So, the Freedom Ranger group cleverly marketed these birds and I truly love them.

snowy,

I thought it was the Lower 48 or Outside. Have things changed since I left.

Is snow still termination dust?

Janet,

Well put your order and post the name of the hatchery.
barnie.gif

It's good to hear about alternatives to those big white lazy meat balls.

Hello,

JanetinTenn, it's not nice manners to post something then withhold info. If you want the FR birds from this hatchery put your money down and get on the list. Once you do that everyone else will be behind you and you can get your birds first. Please post the hatchery info as there are other people that are interested in the FR line.

peace
josh

I have some friends that have been ordering Cornish Rock broilers from Welp's Hatchery in IA. My friends swear by them so I ordered a brochure. They also have a "slow while broiler", and red and black broilers as well. My friends have never ordered the red or black broilers, but since there has been other discussions regarding them, I thought I'd pass this info along. I am very impressed with the wealth of info provided in their brochure, especially on feeding the Cornish Rocks and avoiding the heart and other problems associated with this type of bird. And they are readily available. My friends placed their order and specified when they wanted the chicks to arrive, and they were right on. The brochure says they are available January through December. I am planning to wait until fall and then order. Their website is:

http://www.welphatchery.com

They also have a large selection of egg layers, bantams and rare and unusual breeds. And their prices include shipping.
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom