Freedom Ranger x Freedom Ranger

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by phasianidae, May 10, 2011.

1. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Has anyone done this? I what going to a while back when I had them, but ran out of space and they looked to tasty.

2. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I did and had eggs selling for a while. Then my rooster got killed. I sold some eggs to people here but have no idea how the chicks turned out.

3. phasianidae

Nov 9, 2010
    Thank you, did you get them from Joel Martin?

4. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I got them from JM Hatchery, I didn't know the name of the owner. I assume its the same....?

5. phasianidae

Nov 9, 2010
    Quote:Yes, Joel is the owner. Thank you.

6. Mrs. Mucket

Mrs. Mucket Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I've hatched some Freedom Ranger X Freedom Ranger chicks this spring. Five are almost 2 weeks old and a FR X FR and a FR X RIR are 5 weeks old. So far they look pretty much like their parents did. The RIR X has a lot of barring like the FR roo. A broody Silkie is sitting on two more FR eggs. I'm going to keep hatching and see how they grow out. It's a little slow because the roo and hens are free ranging and I'm not finding all their eggs...I think there is probably a pile under the coop! I got the parents from Joel last year but this year his SIL Kendall Fox is selling the chicks at www.freedomrangerhatchery.com.

7. phasianidae

Nov 9, 2010
    Mrs. Mucket :

I've hatched some Freedom Ranger X Freedom Ranger chicks this spring. Five are almost 2 weeks old and a FR X FR and a FR X RIR are 5 weeks old. So far they look pretty much like their parents did. The RIR X has a lot of barring like the FR roo. A broody Silkie is sitting on two more FR eggs. I'm going to keep hatching and see how they grow out. It's a little slow because the roo and hens are free ranging and I'm not finding all their eggs...I think there is probably a pile under the coop! I got the parents from Joel last year but this year his SIL Kendall Fox is selling the chicks at www.freedomrangerhatchery.com.

It will be interesting to see how fast they grow compared to their parents. Let us know how they mature. Thanks.​

8. City Chicken

City Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    does anyone have an update on this? did the offspring do as well as the parents?

9. WalkingWolf1

WalkingWolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Vermilion
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by