Freedom rangers arrived...but...

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by noahsark, Aug 13, 2010.

1. noahsark

noahsark Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2010
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    I was going to document their growth weight, etc..as we ordered 25 roos from JM..They were lost in the mail, and I was called by a lady in a different city who received them by mistake, as she had also ordered laying pullets for herself from a different company..she put them all together and when i got there we had to try and guess which were mine, and which were heres!!! LOL!! cant anything in my life flow smoothly!!! so hopefully within a week, she will know if she has some roos in her batch that are growing much faster then her brown egg layer pullets!
    I will still post as I think we did pretty good!

2. eKo_birdies

eKo_birdies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    geeeeez i'm sorry!!! that is no way to get off to a smooth start. [​IMG] hopefully that is the only and last of the problems you have to deal with for this batch!

3. noahsark

Aug 8, 2010
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Thanks, Im just hoping she will notice if she has some of mine and I have some of hers, so we can switch back!

4. eKo_birdies

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    what breed are hers? how far away is she if she were to have some of yours?

5. eKo_birdies

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    most of my freedom ranger chicks just looked like a slight variation of a cornish X chick if you know what one of those looks like (a yellow fuzzball). i dunno if that helps... [​IMG]

6. noahsark

Aug 8, 2010
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    She ordered brown egg laying pullets...She new a few that were mine so we went from there..She said a freedom ranger is a cornish cross, is that true?
    Im going to put a picture for ya all to see them, theyre so cute![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  7. noahsark

Aug 8, 2010
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    How do you get your bio under your name like that? I think thats cool so people can kind of get to know you!

8. eKo_birdies

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    yep... that's them! i'm not sure if they share some of the same genetics as cornish xs....anyone?

-click on profile up above and then it is under the personality link in the column on the left.

9. TimG

TimG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:If you are asking about the bit at the end of a post, I think you are talking about a signature. Check out your profile (Personality
    section) to see where to add your own.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  10. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Quote:Go to the banner at the top of the page where the blue strip is and click "Profile". Then click the link at the left that says "Personality". There is a place to post your "signature" at the bottom of that page.
    Good luck with your Rangers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by