1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

freedom rangers

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by ijon1, Nov 11, 2010.

1. ijon1

ijon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    gaines, michigan
    I sent eight FR to the Meyers processing today. I am happy with way they grew. They were nine weeks. I don't have a scale, but feel nice and heavy. I kept two pullets for my experiment.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    very cool, keep us updated on yor project!

3. TajMahalChickens

TajMahalChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    I am interested in raising freedom rangers. Where did you get yours from?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  4. ijon1

Jan 26, 2009
    gaines, michigan
    Quote:jmhatchery.com They are in Pa. Nice birds, I fed them 24-7 no problems. If you don't want a big order, find a person near you to split a order.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  5. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Where is Meyer processing? I was looking into processors and found one in canton and one south of me, but still kind of far.

6. ijon1

Jan 26, 2009
    gaines, michigan
    Quote:Its in Fowlerville Mi., but its going out of business. The landlord won't renew lease. Tough break for them and their customers. I'am not sure the date their going out of business, but here is their number. 517-223-4431 If you get a recording leave a message. They are good about getting back to you.

7. ijon1

Jan 26, 2009
    gaines, michigan
    For people that like large drumsticks FR are the bird of choice. I'am briming a bird today and they have huge legs. Good breast too.

8. ijon1

Jan 26, 2009
    gaines, michigan
    bump

9. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Quote:Well doo-doo. That was one of the ones I had found before. I did think it was odd that I couldn't find it on the web lately. Well, if you know of anyone else that might be helpful. We don't have any chickens yet. We are planning on getting some laying hens in the spring but I was leaving myself open to trying out a small batch of cornish x. I just know I won't be doing the processing! And neither will my husband.

10. TajMahalChickens

TajMahalChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Are they back from the butchers yet? I'm interested in their weights. Is there any way you can weight them?

I am curious because I am starting to plan my spring broiler plans and I am very interested in raising them.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by