Freeze-dried apples...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, May 13, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Holy cow, has anyone tried these things? I always taste-test anything that I give to the kiddo. Don't ask why, I just do. A lot of the stuff SUCKS, and I've gone with replacements (ugh, those "toddler meals" from Gerber are disgusting... MIL bought them for him), but, they have freeze-dried apples that my dad's GF bought for him, and I can't help but steal a few every time I give him a couple of pieces. I wonder where you could get "adult" freeze-dried apples... The dried apples are leathery and aren't the same, I want FREEZE-DRIED! Lol. I know, people are probably cringing, but, really, there's nothing but apples, no preservatives or anything...

2. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

ARE SO GOOD! We make them ourselves, with our apples our our friends apples. If you do it right, you will never want to eat anything else!

3. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    How do you do it?! I *need* freeze-dried apples, lol. They're freaking addicting!

4. addiedunn

addiedunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    can you do them in a dehydrator?

5. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I imagine that would just make "dried" apples. They're leathery feeling. They're good, but still not freeze-dried, lol. The freeze-dried apples are hard to describe, but all of the juice comes to the outside, so you get a burst of nummy apple flavor, then it chomps right in half when you bite it, then it turns into a normal apple consistency... Ohhhh, it's heaven, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by