1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Freezer Bobs laying eggs!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Fat Daddy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Just got my first two eggs from my 20 week old Georgia Giants. Man they are small... Im sure its just one bird that laid the last 2 days. It caught me by surprise, I didnt expect them to lay till fall at the earliest. I dont plan to keep these, just freezer camp birds. This was a poor hatch, set in jan and only 9 hatched. 7 of which were roos. There all in one cage so Im guess'in the eggs are real fertile!!! Also seems strange that they get along well enough to live together to this stage of life, with such a out-of-whack roo to hen ratio. I'v been expecting to have to eat some roos for months now, but they just keep gett'in along... Check out the cute little bob eggs!!! Bill

[​IMG]

2. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:LOL....... that, and you know the two ladies hate men by now...... [​IMG]
    That's funny, Bill...... [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    The aggression gets worse as they get older. Wait until they are one year old. The gettin along will be gone!! And each year both the males and females will get meaner and meaner. [​IMG]

4. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:I have no doubt your right. But they will never see a year old, they'll be lucky to see another month. They are dwarfed in size by butlers 9 weeks there junior. Iv had to fight the urge to BBQ them for a while now. Plus they live in a pen that will be filled with chukars that are do to hatch this saturday. These will be among 20+ birds that go to freezer camp to free up space. Best case they grow out till the chukars are ready to move to outside pens in 4 or 5 weeks. Bill

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Enjoy the feast! [​IMG]

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:I have no doubt your right. But they will never see a year old, they'll be lucky to see another month. They are dwarfed in size by butlers 9 weeks there junior. Iv had to fight the urge to BBQ them for a while now. Plus they live in a pen that will be filled with chukars that are do to hatch this saturday. These will be among 20+ birds that go to freezer camp to free up space. Best case they grow out till the chukars are ready to move to outside pens in 4 or 5 weeks. Bill

YESSIR YA JUST GOTTA LOVE THEM SUMO WRESTLER BOB STRAINS [​IMG]

7. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Those eggs are tiny! It is interesting that they are getting along.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by