freezing Duck

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by puppies9099, Jan 8, 2014.

1. puppies9099

puppies9099 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2013
    Classified
    I have a female duck that is 9 months old this morning i found her in the cold water all bundled up so i picked her up put her down and she wasn't walking good she has a curved foot she's had it since birth shes lived through the spring the summer and the fall but Now it's winter so i put her in the house by the fire can someone help me and her name is Cloud

2. Stewarts

Stewarts Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2013
    PEI, Canada
    Chances are Cloud got really cold and that has made her foot worse. I'd keep her indoors, wrapped and warm until she starts to get round on her own again. Give her SuperBoost, 1/4 tsp to 1 gallon water every 24 hours just as a precaution to illness. Its a mix of vitamin, minerals and a general antibiotic. Keep an eye on her for other problems that may arise. Good Luck.

3. puppies9099

Oct 17, 2013
    Classified
    ok thank you for that information i think since her legs dont work like the others she gets cold so we put her inside at night cause its colder right now shes inside cause we found her with her wings spread out and could hardly walk so i think we just have to get through the winter with her but thanks so much for the tips

4. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

So how is cloud doing now ??????

5. puppies9099

Oct 17, 2013
    Classified
    She died we brought her in 13th and 1 hour later we checked on her and it was too late!!!!!!!

6. ProdigyMCluckin

ProdigyMCluckin Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2014
    Houston Pasadena Texas
    Sorry for your loss...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by