french bcm pullets?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by babyrnlc, Sep 10, 2011.

1. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    Ok, so we got two marans. I was told they are both pullets. I know nothing about this breed. I am not breeding or showing, so it doesnt matter if they are standard to me lol, I just want me some chocolate eggs [​IMG] BUT I do want to know if they are really pullets. One has a good comb and wattles for 3 months. (were told they were 3 months and 2 months, looks more like 2 months and one month to me.) They came from a hatchery in Oklahoma.

What do you guys think. They are supposed to be French Black Copper Marans Pullets(the bigger one does also have feathers on her feet, but they may have been plucked and are coming in, they are shorter.)

We'll call the big one chick-1 and the little one chick 2. Here are both of them
    [​IMG]

Back of chick-1
    [​IMG]

Side of chick 1
    [​IMG]

Front chick-2
    [​IMG]

Back chick-2
    [​IMG]

Side chick 2
    [​IMG]

What do you think. Pullets? What age do you think they are?
    Thank you!

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Both of those look like cockerels to me.

3. Chicken Bee

Chicken Bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Long Island
    Both roos.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

5. babyrnlc

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    Great! I wondered. They are the sweetest things, loved cuddles. She said she would trade them out for pullets if they turned out to be roos, but it is a little over an hour drive one way.

Are you sure sure they are cockerals and what do I look for in a pullet. I do not want to drive out there again and come home with more cockerals.

6. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    You have two handsome roosters.

7. babyrnlc

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    She swears they are pullets. I guess I will wait it out a month. She says she will trade me out if they arent. When will the hackle feathers come in and when do they usually crow? She said she would even drive down and switch them out if they are really roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by