French Black Copper Maran and EE Roo or pullet?

talleyfarm

Hatching
Jan 29, 2015
Hi! I just need some help sexing my chickens if possible. The first picture is of the fbcm I suspect is a Roo.

Here is the other fbcm that I'm sure is a pullet to compare.

Thanks for the help!

Now here is my EE that I'm 99% sure is a Roo.

It also has some red on the wings which I hear is another sign.

Thank you for all the help!

Hi :welcome
Glad you could join the flock! You have some lovely birds there! I would say your guesses are correct but for more expert opinions I would suggest posting in the what breed/gender section of the forum. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Wishing you the best of luck and hope you enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Could you get a body shot of the first bird? The second one is defiantly a hen. And the EE is 100% a rooster.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

We'll need a side profile of the suspected Marans rooster to be sure. But, the Easter Egger is definitely a male.

Thank you for all the help! You are all so nice! Here is the side picture that some of you were requesting of the first FBCM :) thank you!
and here is the side view of the second FBCM for comparison.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Your Easter Egger is definitely a rooster, and both Marans look like hens. You should get some beautiful chocolate eggs from them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom