French Black Copper Maran

ChickenMamaChick

In the Brooder
Jul 16, 2018
Hello. I have two French Black Copper Marans and they are beautiful. However, they are developing differently so I’m assuming one is a Roo. I’m new to this and the babies are almost 3 months old. Can anyone here help determine the sex?

Attachments

• 831B26D1-4F16-4846-AA35-EFD320D3BD10.jpeg
    831B26D1-4F16-4846-AA35-EFD320D3BD10.jpeg
    534.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 5D6418FB-52A2-458C-946B-8F46DBDD8C64.jpeg
    5D6418FB-52A2-458C-946B-8F46DBDD8C64.jpeg
    738.5 KB · Views: 64
First and foremost... :welcome!!! I hope that you enjoy this site as much as the rest of us do! I have learned SOOOO much from this site, and hope that you do too! BTW, your chickens are absolutely GORGEOUS!! SOOO PRETTY!:love:love And yes, in the 2nd picture isn looks as if you have a gorgeous roo! The first pic looks like a copper maran hen though! You got one of each!!

Good luck.. Hope this helps!!:thumbsup

*** this is a set of copper marans, and as you can see the rooster obviously way more developed than your roo, but yours is much younger than this one. :thumbsup just thought id give an example
images

images

Thank you so much! I dearly love them. It alarmed me that the one I feel is a hen acts like she’s trying to crow. Is that normal? Will it continue?

I’ve been peeking at the posts and have already learned a lot. I am excited to finally be a part of all the chicken craziness!! Lol!

Both cockerels. The first is an Easter Egger, second is a French Black Copper Marans.
Both cockerels. The first is an Easter Egger, second is a French Black Copper Marans.
OOHHH MYYYY!! I just zoomed up on the pic. It does look to be an EE, which then would make me think that it is a roo because EE hens don't get that big of combs and wattles...

First and foremost... :welcome!!! I hope that you enjoy this site as much as the rest of us do! I have learned SOOOO much from this site, and hope that you do too! BTW, your chickens arme absolutely GORGEOUS!! SOOO PRETTY!:love:love And yes, in the 2nd picture isn looks as if you have a gorgeous roo! The first pic looks like a copper maran hen though! You got one of each!!

Good luck.. Hope this helps!!:thumbsup

*** this is a set of copper marans, and as you can see the rooster obviously way more developed than your roo, but yours is much younger than this one. :thumbsup just thought id give an example
images

r
images
Those birds are gorgeous! Thank you for the comparison!

Hello. I have two French Black Copper Marans and they are beautiful. However, they are developing differently so I’m assuming one is a Roo. I’m new to this and the babies are almost 3 months old. Can anyone here help determine the sex?
I think that you have one EE and one copper maran. But both roosters. Easter Egger hens don't get as bug of combs as your dude EE in the first pic! Sorry... that's very unfortunate!:barnie

Back
Top Bottom