French Black Copper Marans (12+)-UPDATE!!! PLS. READ!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    UPDATE: Folks, I do not have a full 12 eggs for this auction - I only have 11. I added two Olive Egger eggs...hope that's okay! I didn't get ONE stinkin' egg from my Marans pen yesterday! There is a very slight possibility that I'll get an egg before I run to the post office (I work full time, but DH is on the lookout & will bring egg(s) to work if they are laid this morning). If I only have 11 eggs for the auction, I will include a reimbursement for one egg in with the shipment. Sorry for any disappointment! [​IMG]

One-day only auction - 12+ hatching eggs. The eggs pictured are from near the beginning of their laying cycle and they have lightened up since then - I will include an egg shell sample so you can see how dark they lay at the beginning of their cycle.

These may be the last ones I will auction from this pen until late fall, as the girls have been extremely broody, and I believe may be preparing for molt.

This is a PayPal only auction, and payment must be received by noon Eastern time on Tuesday; eggs will be shipped out Tuesday afternoon.

I have worked very hard on my flock this year - they are much more consistent that last year, and egg color is very good. I am working on correct number of points in the cockerel's combs and keeping size up. I breed to the proposed SOP.

I also have an auction running for Olive Egger eggs - I will combine shipping if you win both auctions!

More pics:

This boy does not have squirrel tail - the wind was blowing from his back forward:

[​IMG]

A Davis hen:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  2. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    This. is. So. Tempting.

3. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

You've got a few more hours...come on, you KNOW they'll look pretty in your yard! [​IMG]

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Ah man! I want these! Why can't my coop be finished? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Kelly, you know by NOW how that works - you get eggs, hatch chicks, and THEN finish your coop for them! [​IMG] At least that's how I always seem to do it...is that wrong? [​IMG]

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Thats true! You need a push like that to finish a project-it works for me:) Good grief Im even looking at these eggs and drooling but I dont want to get that bator out again! My broody's are winding down too...

7. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:I wish I could say the same. It has been one heck of a broody year for me, and I sure don't like them! I've had one after another after another in my broody buster! I get one broken of it, and another goes in the next day! Sheesh! [​IMG]

8. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    I have some of Wynette's eggs in my bator now! They should start hatching Wednesday evening/Thursday morning.

I ordered 12, got 14 and all 14 started to develop!!!

2 quit early on but I have 12 in lockdown!!! [​IMG]

She packs really well too!

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:I did that already! They are now 4 months old and the coop is STILL not finished. [​IMG] Gonna get lots of work done on it this weekend though.

If I had even the teeny tiniest spot to put them, I'd be all over it. But I've been banned by the husband from brooding in our well house. (and the house is a big no no with him) Apparently he doesn't appreciate chicken dust in his electronics. Go figure! [​IMG]

10. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:I did that already! They are now 4 months old and the coop is STILL not finished. [​IMG] Gonna get lots of work done on it this weekend though.

If I had even the teeny tiniest spot to put them, I'd be all over it. But I've been banned by the husband from brooding in our well house. (and the house is a big no no with him) Apparently he doesn't appreciate chicken dust in his electronics. Go figure! [​IMG]

Um....so you're looking at hatching eggs....I'm gonna tell! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by