FRENCH CHICKEN SHOW!!! :P w/ PRIZE OVER !!!!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by hcammack, Jun 10, 2008.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Although the we don't apreciate everything the french do we have to admit they have invented some cool chickens [​IMG] this is a show for those breeds: Favorolle's, Marans, crevocours, and others that I can't think of right now.

The winner will be chosen for the fallowing reasons: Photography, Beauty, Correctness (to a point I am no show judge [​IMG] )

Please post:
    *breed*
    *age*
    *and something intresting about the bird*

(if you are entering a Marans it would be really nice if you could post a pic of one of their eggs because we all know the egg makes the marans [​IMG])

The end date depends on how many posts their are !
    It will end at least by the end of this month !

*if you would like to donate a prize PM or Email me*
    *If you want to judge PM or Email me*
    *judges can't win though [​IMG] neither can I [​IMG]*

MOST IMPORTANTLY BE POLITE !!!!! (we all know that marans can become and intense topic!)

AND HAVE FUN [​IMG]

Judges:
    Chicken_Boy_Kurt
    Envirogirl11

PRIZE !!!!!
    Envirogirl11 is quite the artist here drawings are great and she has donated a charcoal drawing of the winners chicken her and her mom made my egg labels and they are great ! When I announce the winner please PM her your address so she can draw your chicken and mail the piece of art to you!

THIS CONTEST WILL END ON WENSDAY NIGHT !!!!!!!

Good Luck everyone

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  2. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    To start this off:

Here is my 9 month old salmon Favarolle Hen. She is from meyer hatchery and is kinda dumb [​IMG] .

[​IMG]

Here is my 9 month old Cuckoo Marans Hen. Although she is from Meyer Hatchery she lays fairly dark eggs!

[​IMG]

Here is one of her eggs with other eggs for comparision
    [​IMG]
    Remember I can't win [​IMG] so start posting !

Henry

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Here's a 2 day old black faverolle chick. It's father was a salmon and the mother was a white from black lines.

[​IMG]

4. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    This is a picture of the projected winner of Rooster Survivor, Jean-Robert, a Cuckoo Marans:

[​IMG]

Jean-Robert is only 3 months in this picture, and he's 4 months old now. He has a short, deep crow, and his comb & waddle have now turned a deep red. He also has two crooked toes (one on each foot) that I have given up caring about, as apparently he doesn't. One must love Jean-Robert as he is most certainly a survivor! And no, he doesn't lay eggs for Marans' comparison. [​IMG]

5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Lil Peep that is a really cool chick I have never seen that color in a faverolle.
    Dangerouschicken Jean-Robert is really awsome wish he could come have babies with my hens [​IMG].

Henry

6. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Yeah, I guess they're not all that common. I have 2 of them, I'm hoping for a pair [​IMG]

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Here is my french chicken when he is not running away or surrendering:

[​IMG]

8. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    LOL PURPLE
    Lilpeeps I hope you have a Pair !

Henry

9. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    This is Earl, He is a nut and spends most of his day making giggling noises finding treats for the hens or giving the other roosters a good chase. He is a Cuckoo Maran. He has the most high pitched squealing crow its loud enough to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up from 2 blocks away.... Kinda like nails on a chalkboard and was all day long and sometimes in the middle of the night. He never did like me unless i had treats. He really wasnt good with children and would run after them so we ended up having to rehome him but at least he got to be here with us for his first year.[​IMG]

10. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Here are my 2 Salmon Favorelle Chicks - They are almost 4 weeks old. I had 4 eggs, only 2 hatched, and I got lucky enough to get a pair. I think they are just the cutest things ever!!

Little Roo
    [​IMG]

Pullet
    [​IMG]

The 2 of them together
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by