French Copper Maran, BLR & Ameracauna Gender Help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TheSheriffswife, May 16, 2011.

1. TheSheriffswife

TheSheriffswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    Hi Everyone..
    We were outside between raindrops today and I grabbed some pics.. I am still on the fence on some of my kids here.. Would love some ideas.
    [​IMG] Thanks!! Oh they just turned 7 weeks this past weekend..

French Copper Maran..I hatched 3 I am positive that 2 are hens, this one I am not so sure?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue Laced Red Wyandotte...I hatched 3 pretty sure one is a boy, darker comb and wattles..very loving..this one is lighter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last is one of 2 Ameracaunas I hatched one is lighter than the other but I have no clue! This is the lighter one..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    I can't see wattles on the marans but are the others getting red in their neck? If no, prob a roo as my moms roos red necks came in first.
    Don't know about the middle one but the ee looks like a hen since there is no wattles.

3. TheSheriffswife

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    Quote:Well, I have had one for the longest time with copperish red feathers on her neck since she was little and she is def. a female. very small pale yellow comb..That's why this one is throwing me? So, your Mom's roo's had red come thru on the neck first? hmm..

And the middle one is an Blue Ameracauna not an EE and they don't have any wattles, so again it's hard to tell [​IMG]

4. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    You need better pics of the Marans. From the angles you are shooting at it looks like it could be 50:50 [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  5. TheSheriffswife

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    Quote:Haa LOL I know right..you are right the pics stink..that ones a fast little bugger and my camera was dying..I will try another time.
    Not good pics [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by