French Cuckoo Maran Pullet or Cockeral??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Wooden_Pony, May 26, 2008.

1. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

OK I posted ZeeBoo pictures up a few weeks ago and no one was sure what the gender was. Now here are some more pictures of ZeeBoo.

Age 13-14 weeks old.

Any help would be great as I need to find this guy a home but I have to know what gender ZeeBoo is.

ZeeBoo is for sale: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=58952

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I say roo but the dark coloring of ZeeBoo is what is throwing me off on this!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    He is a rooster

3. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    I was going to say hen right up until I saw the last pic. I have to say though, that is the smallest comb and wattles I have ever seen on a rooster that old!

Richard

4. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Well thanks both of you.... it still seems that you might still be on the fence on ZeeBoo's gender Richard?

I know the sparring matches ZeeBoo and my known cokeral Spencer are still happening. They do not fight with anyone else....

Seems ZeeBoo is still gender confused. Hopefully this teenager chicken will crow or lay an egg then I will know for sure. I did not want to keep him/her for this long ZeeBoo needs a home ASAP!! [​IMG]

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Slow developing cockerel. I had a RIR that did that, it annoyed me to no end. lol

6. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

I would have guessed Roo because I thought -- as is the case with my trio -- that the girls were darker....

So, maybe I would have guessed right but for the wrong reason....??

Susan

7. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    He seems to have some pretty thick/heavy legs too. I think that means roo! He is a beauty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by