French marans and marans mix chicks - 11 - must go! cheep!

MontanaChickDoc

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 2, 2016
central Virginia
I have 11, 5 week old chicks - 6 French black marans chicks, 3 marans mixes, 1 marans naked neck cross (rooster) and 1 lone welsummer that was a leftover from another batch. All except the welsummer (who came from Cackle Hatchery) were hatched here on the farm from my FB marans hens and FBC marans rooster. I am in Ruckersville, VA but I am willing to drive to meet someone within an hour's drive. I really really need the brooder space for my broodies that are due to hatch out any day now. I would like to sell the whole group together and will give a good price. 2 or 3 are showing rooster-ish traits (including the naked neck) but the rest appear to be pullets (the marans usually mature early). Any reasonable offer will be considered!! PM me if you are interested. Pick up only.

Attachments

• phoenix chicks through 5.29.2018 003.jpg
    phoenix chicks through 5.29.2018 003.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 14
  • phoenix chicks through 5.29.2018 007.jpg
    phoenix chicks through 5.29.2018 007.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 13
  • phoenix chicks through 5.29.2018 012.jpg
    phoenix chicks through 5.29.2018 012.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 13
  • phoenix chicks through 5.29.2018 009.jpg
    phoenix chicks through 5.29.2018 009.jpg
    660.4 KB · Views: 14
Any chance you have room for 2 BCM roosters? They don't need a brooder anymore. I don't have room for 11 babies but I could take 2 or 3 of the BCM pullets off your hands for a reasonable price, if I can find someone to take my 2 extra boys (I currently have 3 boys and 2 girls); my coop only holds 6 birds comfortably, maybe 8. I live within reasonable driving distance of Ruckersville.

I think I found your Craigs Listing. Someone is supposed to come by this evening for pickup. I'm going to PM the cell in the listing, if that's alright. That Florida number is me.

Day 2 in QT. The three I picked up yesterday are as sweet as can be. They think anything in my hands must be very special food. Didn't take them long to figure out the water nipple and PVC feeder systems and they are NOT picky eaters! They proved they CAN sit on the roost but right now prefer to sleep on the floor. I'm curious to see how long before they determine what to do with the dust bath.

Next 28 days will feel like forever before I can integrate them with my existing trio. I'm fairly confident they are quite healthy but QT doesn't hurt anybody (except my patience).

I highly recommend anyone looking for BCM to inquire about the other ones or any future littles you need to rehome. Thank you.

I have 11, 5 week old chicks - 6 French black marans chicks, 3 marans mixes, 1 marans naked neck cross (rooster) and 1 lone welsummer that was a leftover from another batch. All except the welsummer (who came from Cackle Hatchery) were hatched here on the farm from my FB marans hens and FBC marans rooster. I am in Ruckersville, VA but I am willing to drive to meet someone within an hour's drive. I really really need the brooder space for my broodies that are due to hatch out any day now. I would like to sell the whole group together and will give a good price. 2 or 3 are showing rooster-ish traits (including the naked neck) but the rest appear to be pullets (the marans usually mature early). Any reasonable offer will be considered!! PM me if you are interested. Pick up only.
Do you still have any pure BCMs? If so, are they related or can I breed them? Do they have the dark-egg gene?

Back
Top Bottom