Fresh Air Coop Under Construction

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tmfineg, Feb 12, 2012.

1. tmfineg

tmfineg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2012
    Gallatin TN
    I am so excited. [​IMG] DH is building this coop for me so we have a larger more secure coop. We did research and selected a Fresh Air coop which will be open in the front with windows up top and on the side.

I want to build an attached run with field fence. It is welded wire with 2x4 in holes. This should keep out any predators. The chickens will be so happy in their new home!

2. JackE

JackE Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    North Eastern Md.
    Are you building a Woods, like the one below? If so, you picked a unique design, there's only a couple of them on this site.
    Jack

3. tmfineg

tmfineg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2012
    Gallatin TN
    What an awesome coop!! We bought the same book and love the design. Thank you for the pics of your coop, now we can see the finished product. We even plan to paint it red lol. Your girls look really happy inside [​IMG] What did you use across the front, hardware cloth? I want to attach a run to it also.

It seems your coop generated a lot of controversy. I loved all the comments about putting plastic across the front. You really do have to read the book to understand the design.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by