Fresh Chicken Eggs For Sale-Maine

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by 77horses, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Hi. My Dad is selling fresh chicken eggs soon! They are size medium, large, and sometimes X-large. They are brown or tan in color. The hens that are laying them are Buff Orpingtons and Red Stars, and we may get more breeds later on. They are around $2.00 a dozen, but we aren't confirmed about that yet, since we aren't selling them yet. They are in Monmouth, Maine. Come on down some time. I am not giving exact location here. You can find that on our new website which will be made soon. I will tell you the link to it once it is made.
    Please give me any advise on selling eggs if you want and tell me if you are interested. THESE EGGS ARE NOT MADE WITH PESTICIDES! The hens that lay them are raised on Cracked corn and laying mash, all natural!!! We have never tried selling eggs before! Any advise??? Thanks!

2. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Hi, I would be careful with giving too much cracked corn. Corn creates heat which is fine in winter but not so much this time of year. Also corn creates fat and overly fat hens won't lay well. They will however appreciate it in the winter since it will keep up their weight that they burn off keeping warm.
    About your eggs, if they are hatching eggs you post them here, this is the hatching eggs section. But sounds like they are eating eggs and since most people on here have several of their own hens I doubt any table egg sales would be done on here. You would do best to put up a fresh eggs sign locally and sell them that way. Or change your plans and sell hatching eggs which may do better.
    Also it is a bit of a no-no to keep posting the same thread after mods have shut down similar ones. They do not want you to post eggs for sale that are not yet for sale. It sounds like you are enjoying the connection with other folks here on this forum but just a word of advice they will ban you if you don't go by the rules and we wouldn't want that to happen.
    Thanks!

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I would agree with keeping limits on the cracked corn. I know if we were looking for eggs we go for those who DON'T feed cracked corn over those who do. We enjoy just the free range grass fed eggs...much darker yolk and MMMM GOOD! Good luck with selling...oh and if you free range be sure to mention that..people LOVE free ranged.

4. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Multiple posts for same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by