'Fresh Egg' signs, recycled materials, feedback please?

Kansaseq

Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
NE Kansas
My work was tearing out some old X-ray shelving, and offered the wood to anyone who wanted it. I turned 3 of the shelves into nest boxes for my in-progress (AKA UNfinished coop). The rest were torn down, leaving a big pile of these nearly 16" squares of masonite-type material. They looked perfect for............something, I just wasn't sure what. I hated to think of them going into the landfill if they could be used for some other purpose. After racking my brain, I decided to try making some 'Fresh Egg' signs for myself. Then thought, if they turned out ok, maybe I could sell a few on CL. I have about 4 done so far, and am tweaking my design just a bit, as time allows. Here is what I have so far. Please keep in mind, I an NO artist, and these would best be described as 'primitive' or 'rustic'. I bought a stencil for the wording, and free handed the eggs and chicken. I have several colors; Country Tan, Barn Red, Bluegrass, and Black Forest. Input and gentle criticism welcome
big_smile.png

Bluegrasshensign.jpg

tansign.jpg

greenhensign.jpg

redeggsign.jpg

Henfacedetail.jpg

Edited to ask, would $15 be too much to ask for these??

Last edited:
Wow I like them all! Very well done, I especially like the one with the dark blue background.

For my stand I would have to use one of the brighter signs, the tan or light blue, so it would stand out amoung the bushes and trees.

Do you really sell your eggs for 25 cents a dozen?

Thanks, you guys are sweet!

Blackbart, no, mine sell for $2.50 a dozen. Guess I was thinking of the signs as being just for fun, though if sealed properly, they might do ok in the elements.

The red and black will be hard to see at even a small distance. Can you highlight the black lettering with gray, for a 3d/shaded effect?
$15 will work...even $20.

Quote:
-I will try highlighting the lettering to see if that helps. Thanks for the input on price, too. I had no idea where to even start! All input appreciated
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom