Fresh off the chicken's butt!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by coffeenutdesign, Oct 2, 2012.

1. coffeenutdesign

coffeenutdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2012
    Texas
    Okay, I know some people get annoyed by that, but I find the entertainment value of saying butt more important than being anatomically correct. The "oh gross" factor on some people's faces is priceless [​IMG]

I've been outside with the chickens this morning so I've been snagging the eggs as soon as they are laid. When I saw one of my girls get out of the box and I decided I was going to go ahead and eat that egg RIGHT NOW because there is no reason NOT to eat the absolutely freshest egg possible sometimes, lol. I have a ton of eggs right now and I usually eat the oldest first to keep them rotated out, but today I treated myself to the freshest one possible cooked literally seconds after it was laid. [​IMG] It's delicious.

2. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    You are making me feel like I have the right to eat fresh eggs too!
    I catch myself fretting about making sure the eggs are in the right spot in the carton, let alone the fridge! I am currently at over 4 dozen in the fridge, and half a dozen in the coop! Do you mean I can have a 2- minute-old instead of a 2-day-old? [​IMG]
    I wonder how many others think the way we do? They are FRESH eggs. Not like they will go bad if we use them out of order.
    [​IMG]We may all someday know the joy of eating an egg fresh out of the chicken's butt.

3. coffeenutdesign

coffeenutdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2012
    Texas
    I do that, I mark my cartons so I know which one has the oldest eggs and make sure I start at the same end going oldest to freshest. It really is nuts because they don't last long enough to worry about it. I'm egg OCD, lol.

We DO have the right to eat fresh eggs!!! I am too busy rearranging eggs in cartons to remember to enjoy having the freshest eggs possible. [​IMG]

4. soler

soler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    this may sound gross too, but yesterday i took a "just laid" beauty, and i beat just the yolk with a tbsp of sugar until creamy and thick, and ate it. It was so good! my grandma used to do that for me when i was little, and i hadn't had one in 30 years!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by