Fresh Steak tonight !How much do you charge/pay for a Pd?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by 2468Chickensrgr8, Nov 14, 2008.

1. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    My freezer is full....of Beef.....just picked up half a cow....
    Our horses entertainment for the summer is now in the freezer...our neighbour usually butchers a couple of heads each fall this year we decided to get a half because my teenager is now a carnivour .....How much do you pay for a pound of beef? We paid $2.80 this year...limosine(sp) cattle ..... pasture fed (nice pasture)with some grain towards the end......worth every penny.....
    MODS.....Wasnt sure where to put this one??

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    just got a whole cow myself...but it was just a little one...94 lbs! traded for chicken...best steak i ever had!

our kids said they'll never eat store beef again!

3. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Ohhh guys your making me so hungry [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have been begging my grandpa to fence off his 50 acres. But He isn't budging with the idea.. I wouldn't mind caring for them as long as he does the butchering..

4. yodelhawk

yodelhawk Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2008
    STEAK... IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER!!!
    I moonlight for a ranch and eat very good beef. The trouble is I could not do what you did. Once it hits my own property it becomes a pet in like a nano second. I would like to fatten up a steer, but I know that we would not be able to eat "Bossie". Now... please pass the taters. [​IMG]

5. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    OH man wish I could find someone who would trade some beef for some chicken.

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:i traded beef and pork! have someone who wants to trade wood for chicken too.

we do it even, with the meat. pound for pound and i can give them any poultry i have available. we just keep tally. works out very well.

having big, huge, honking pork steaks tonight with green beans and potatoes cooked with a smoked ham hock. and of course a lovely cornbread.

my kids seriously wont eat meat from the store anymore.

7. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Steaks still in the fridge....what a children crazy night...frozen pizza's instead and chauffering into town...then painting AHHH!!!!!
    My kids can also tell the difference between store bought and fresh Beef....and even with the eggs.....I will dream about my steak tonight ....may have steak and eggs in the morning for breakfast....m m m m

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by