Fresno Fair

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by kobesmom81, Oct 9, 2008.

1. kobesmom81

kobesmom81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Atwater, CA
    I saw on the American Bantam Asso. website that they are at the Fresno Fair. I'm wondering though if I should just wait for the Stockton of Fresno shows in January and February. I want to see and buy more birds but I don't know if something like a county fair would be a place where I could do that. Does anyone know? Would it be a waste of gas? I would hate to get there and they only have a few birds and no variety.

2. WDPKS

WDPKS Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2008
    Norco, Ca
    Go to the Nat'l poultry show in Ventura Oct. 25 & 26 hosted at the Ventura fair gds. its going to be a huge show, bigger than Stockton.

If you want to see/buy birds go there.

Paso Robles show was smaller this yr because everyone was holding their birds to keep them in condition, exhibitors from last count was from 23 states & 2 Canada prov. coming.

You'll see birds that are not usualy seen in this area

3. kobesmom81

kobesmom81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Atwater, CA
    I would like to go to the Ventura show but it's a bit far for us, mostly due to gas prices. Gma lives down there so room and board is not an issue, although we haven't discussed what happens if I buy a chicken in her area while I am visiting!! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by