Friday is a big day!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cheri, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I am getting 12 pullets and 5 ducklings. I know the chickens are going to be 6 dominiques and 6 RIR. The ducks I have no clue what breed.

2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Congrats on your new flock - hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy my flock. They are going on 15 weeks and I still love every minute with them.

3. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I never knew chickens had personalities.

4. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Ok so like Im stupid or something. I thought he meant Dominiques but I ordered 6 domineekers or how ever you spell it. What do those look like I wonder?

5. blossom hen

blossom hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    NE Tx
    Cheri, no you're not stupid or something. Who did you order from? It could be Dominiques or could be Barred Rocks if you are ordering from an individual. Many people incorrectly refer to black and white patterned feathering as "domineekers" no matter what they really are. So it may be a guessing game til they get their adult feathering and you can actually see the pattern.

6. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Friday's our day too We are getting 6 goslings,4 tukeys, and 2 ducklings. I can't wait I have been waiting since April for them. Hope you have a wonderful time with yours, Micki

7. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Quote:He showed me two different kinds. I just thought he was pronouncing it wrong. LOL!

Yay Micki. I don't know if I could do geese. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by