1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Friday, May 2nd is don't buy gas day!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chcknrs, May 1, 2008.

1. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Just got the text on my cell phone last night. I have Hybrid, but it still hurts when I go to the pump.

2. theJH

theJH Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
  3. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    So you don't buy gas tomorrow... I'd better go full up tonight so I don't buy it tomorrow. I would hate to be a part of the problem. [​IMG]

4. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    im in [​IMG]

5. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Ok i will get gas today almost out:hit I cry everytime I go to the pump:hit

6. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Yeah well.. that's all nice and pretty but I buy gas on Fridays because it's the only time I'm near the station with the cheapest gas and I'm about out. Plus, it really doesn't make a bit of difference when you buy the gas, eventually you're going to have to get it.

7. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    The only way to stick it to them is not to drive at all.

Oh wait then I'd get fired for not showing up to work. Then there would be no money coming in. Then if no money coming in, that means I'm not spending money, then I'll be contributing the the economic downfall.... [​IMG]

Oh heck, I guess I just go feed my chickens and be quite. [​IMG]

8. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

How about just stop buying so much plastic, especially anything unnessecarily packaged in plastic. Last I checked plastic is a petroleum product. Remember the only way any of us truly vote anymore is with our $'s.

9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I won't get gas tomorrow, BUT I believe it's going to take a week to open some eyes in the oil industry. They've made so much money in revenues, that one day isn't going to break the bank, if you know what I mean. Just my opinion! [​IMG]

10. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

Wow this can really fix the problem [​IMG] everyone will just have to buy there gas on the 3rd.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by