Friday night with laptop and TiVo? AWESOME! When did I get this old??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by iread, Aug 7, 2009.

1. iread

iread Songster

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    So it is Friday night and my DS is at his dad's, my DD is asleep in her crib, my DBF is at a party with some people from his church, and I am home in the quiet with my laptop and lots of shows to catch up on. I think this is awesome! As I started thinking about this, I wonderedwhen this happened to me??? When did I think a Friday night at home was the best? When did I get old??[​IMG]

What do you guys think? When do we get "old?"

ps....I think I may walk down to the coop and hang with the girls for a quick chicken fix! I'm livin on the edge! LOL!

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I know what you mean! I just spent an entire vacation day... canning!!

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Sometimes it feels good to plan on getting some ME time and it is fantastic when it finally happens. Good for you enjoy it.

AL

4. sangel4you

sangel4you Songster

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    AGREED! I'm only 25 and dont look at it as getting old as much as I look at it as... becoming content with the simple things! Lol

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    It's not being OLD, it's being comfortable! And why not? We should all be able to be comfortable and happy and enjoy simple things and just BE.......

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    *sigh* I knw what you mean.. I'm old tooooo! [​IMG]

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    WHAT??? It's Friday?? (this is when you know you are getting old, when you don't even realize the weekend has arrived [​IMG])

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Welcome to the world of sheer contentment with your life.............

9. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

I'm not quite sure when it happened, either! I know when I first got married and became a mommy, I kind of resented my college friends who were still out having fun and doing what at the time seemed like interesting things. Now at 28 I'm right there with you...my favorite things to do are to sit outside and watch my chickens, dig around in my garden, curl up with a good book, my laptop or a bunch of TiVo'd shows. The most fun and entertaining person I know is my four year old and sometimes I have to back out of playing cards with my MIL and her sisters (aged 50-76) because they stay up too late for me! The funny part is, I wouldn't have it any other way.

10. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    It's not being old. I do that alot too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: