Friday the 13th hatch? anyone

mstricer

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Ohio
Well there was another thread but has been hard to find, so I thought I would start over. Its day day 10
and I candled my BCM eggs. Have 6, 5 of them have little babies swimming around. Veins are not very visible
dark eggs and all. Number 6 well not sure if it was sleeping or it just quit. Hoping it was just sleeping. Temp between
99-100 degrees and my humidity I keep at 50-58. So how is everyone else's little babies doing?

Oh man, I didn't think about Friday the 13th. Mine are due the 11th. I have 10 silkies left out of 12. I'm not sure about some on them I see dark spots like yours and no movement. My humidity I keep at 35-40. Temp is 99 and 100 with a fan.

thanks for replying I'm starting to think any time my name appears no one replies or thread just stops if there was something i've done or said I really would like to
know because Im starting to take it personal now. Just a middle age female living in the country with no friends due to the fact I kinda dont trust people very much.

Mine are due the sixteenth. I candled today and had to get rid of 10 of the 36. A lot of the others had babies moving. Some were ? though. They had veins but I couldnt see a baby. Some of the shells are hard to see through. Hope everyone else is doing good.
thumbsup.gif

So if you dont see moving chicks you should get rid of the egg? I always just think it is sleeping. I have one of my BCM's that wasnt moving
Maybe I should remove that one as a quiter huh?

I wouldnt get rid of them just yet. I kept several that I didnt see movement in. The one's I got rid of were clear. No veins and no chick. One was even stinking and rotten
sickbyc.gif
After cracking them there were mostly infertile ones, the rotten one and one scrambled one. The one that was rotten had quite a bit of poop on it when I put it in but as it was a shipped egg I tried it anyway. Lesson learned I guess Lol. This is only my second hatch ever- the first didnt go to well- only one live chick left out of 19 eggs so I'm definitely no expert but I wouldnt take any out unless you are sure there's nothing in it or it's stinking. I didnt explain myself very well on my last post. Sorry.

BTW- I completely understand the not trusting anyone. Most people where I live are jerks. So I am a 29 year old woman living with my hubby and kids in the country not having many friends cause most people suck. So far the people on this site have been wonderful though. They have been very friendly and helpful. I'm sure it's nothing against you. You seem nice to me.

Last edited:
Thats weird this is only my second hatch too. My first went well. I did a test on 5 eggs 4 hatched and one was inferitle. I have 6 BCM eggs this time.
I'm going to leave the sleeping on alone for now. Good luck

I had 4 hatch, one pulled it's guts out through it's belly button and died the next day, one was born with curly toes and a weird shaped head who died about 4-5 days old and one was born seemingly perfectly healthy but died 5-6 days old cause he never would eat, the other is a cute little guy- a buff orpington named butterscotch. He's still alive and healthy. Hopefully he'll be o.k. he's starting to get some feathers on his wings and neck. He's really cute, I'll post a pic sometime so you can see him. How old is your first hatchlings?

Back
Top Bottom