Fridge Binz or other egg storage

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by hfchristy, Jan 16, 2013.

1. hfchristy

hfchristy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    Now that we have backyard eggs, I'm looking for a better way to store them. For now we have old cartons to reuse, but I'm looking for a more permanent solution.
    I saw this in my grocery store, but can't find anything about what size eggs it holds. Has anyone tried it?
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/pro...m_medium=cpc&gclid=COyOh_Ph7bQCFa5QOgodPl0Asg

Anyone have any other reusable cartons/containers they like?

At the moment, the eggs are just barely squeezing into "large" egg cartons, so I can bum some bigger cartons from friends for a while, but one of the ducks is a Pekin and all the tables I've seen say that her eggs should get a lot bigger than they are now. A whole ounce bigger.
    Of course, they also say that she shouldn't be laying every day, and she does, so maybe she'll just continue to be peer pressured into laying more smaller eggs than a duck in a flock of Pekins would...

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]Something about peer pressure just tickled me.

For my runners I get jumbo egg cartons. People give me egg cartons and the large/extra large do pretty well. But Pekin eggs are really big.

Here is a business opportunity for someone.

By the way, I learned recently that some folks dehydrate eggs (mix them up and use the fruit leather gizmo on their dehydrator, then chop them up). It's more work up front but if the electricity goes out, no worries.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by