Fridge eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mumofsix, Feb 16, 2016.

1. mumofsix

mumofsix Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2014
    Appalachian
    okay I'm going to let Polly sit.4 eggs will be fresh 2 will be stored in fridge 24 hours .to tell if the Fridge Eggs hatch I will use blue ee eggs.the others will be southern mix . Mom unknown [​IMG]Dad part EE and Naked -neck . I will start Polly on Morning of Feb 29 .

2. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Hope you have a great hatch!

I pulled 4 eggs out of the fridge and put them in the incubator along side fresh eggs to see what would happen. I don't know how old they were. 2 ended up being clears, two hatched healthy chicks!

3. cowgirlup11

cowgirlup11 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2015
    Saskatchewan Canada
    I also have set one egg refridgerated for 3 days along with my fresh ones, it's day 8 and all looks well so far!!

4. Eps32

Eps32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2015
    North Carolina
    Ok guys I'm doing it. Set eggs yesterday I'm putting two fridge eggs in. Lol

5. BaileyMChicks

BaileyMChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    My last hatch of 2015, I had given my hen 3 eggs. All had been in the refrigerator. One for 3 days, one for 5 days, and one for 7 days. All three hatched. I got one rooster and 2 hens. The rooster came from the egg that was in the fridge for 3 days. And that was the one I had really, REALLY wanted to be a hen. Go figure. -_- lol

6. BaileyMChicks

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    They're 6 months old now. One of the pullets has started laying already, and she's a Cochin bantam cross. I had another older Cochin bantam cross pullet that just started laying and shes almost 9 months. The cockerel started crowing about a month ago.

7. cluckyclucky

cluckyclucky New Egg

Jun 1, 2015
    I have hatched eggs that were in the fridge for 3 weeks. Probably not a good idea, but there was room in the incubator

8. BaileyMChicks

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    How many were there in total, and how many hatched? That's very interesting. I thought the eggs were almost completely unviable after a week and a half to two weeks..

9. cluckyclucky

cluckyclucky New Egg

Jun 1, 2015
    there were four, they were Easter Egger and 3 of them hatched. I have heard of people buying grocery store eggs that old at trader Joes that hatched too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by