Fried and dried eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CinnamonQueen12, Mar 12, 2012.

1. CinnamonQueen12

CinnamonQueen12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    When I woke up this morning, the temp in my incubator was 104 and the humidy was 29%. I don't know how long it was like that but I know it started after midnight! Does anyone know if this temp and humidity would have a big effect on the growing embryos? This is only the second day of incubation.

2. srpaint

srpaint Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Illinois
    I think you will be fine. Adjust and keep going

3. Baggagolers

Baggagolers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    They should be ok. Candle them around day 7 and see whats going on inside.

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Your humidity is fine and your eggs shouldn't suffer from the temp; they are still heating up internally. Good luck on your hatch!

5. lovemesomeorps

lovemesomeorps New Egg

Oct 22, 2011
    I did that and mine were fine! Well until now... I am just waiting! We are at day 20!!

6. CinnamonQueen12

Jul 20, 2011
    Well good luck! And another problem! Humidity went up to 70% for about half an hour. Is that super bad? I built this incubator out of a styrofoam incubator, sweater heater thermostat, and a led computer fan. I used a huge clunky accurite thermometer/hygrometer, but I'm not so sure how accurate those things are. Now I'm using an accurite thermometer with a probe and a reptile hygrometer. Can anyone suggest any brands of accurate thermometers/hygrometers?

7. CinnamonQueen12

Jul 20, 2011
    What is the absolute highest that the humidity should go on day 2?

8. redhen689

redhen689 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    SE PA
    The average humidity is what is important. If it drops too low for a day, that's okay, if it goes too high it's okay too.
    An accurate temperature is much more critical than humidity at this point in the game.
    I have three thermometers in with my eggs.

9. CinnamonQueen12

Jul 20, 2011
    What brand of thermometers are you using, becuase I have one that I thought was accurate, but it turns out that its like 2 or 3 degrees off.

10. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    I had my incubator go up to 106* on about day 2. Today, it is day 15, and they are just fine. So I think you will be okay. Just keep an eye on the temperature and make sure it doesn't get that high again. Good Luck :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by