Fried Green Tomatos

I just put S&P on the tomatoes then flour and pan fry over fairly low heat, not much grease. Been eating them this way all my life; love them. Probably the Yankee way.

I dip in an egg wash, and bread with crushed saltines with italian herbs then fry or bake. Then make a diping sauce of sour cream and salsa with the same italian herbs to taste. DH gobbles them down like he hasn't eaten in days lol

Mmmmm my mouth is watering
smile.png

Everytime my DD and I watch the Food Network ie: Iron Chef, Diners Drive-ins and Dives (or whatever that is called), anything where they're making food we just sit in a daze. We're pathetic
roll.png

wet them down good in some salted buttermilk and then dredge in cornmeal... thats how we do it in alabama.. birthplace of fried green tomatos. Where are you getting green tomatos in December???

Oh no green tomatos here but DD and I watched the movie "Fried Green Tomatos" the other night and then Paula Dean was making Holiday eats and that was a dish she made. So I got on here and looked at recipes and couldn't find FGT in there. I'm just gathering info for when I am able to try them. I wish I would've grown up in the south.......

eta: dipping them in buttermilk sounds wonderful!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom