1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Friend came bearing gifts!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by farmgirl2477, Jul 14, 2007.

1. farmgirl2477

farmgirl2477 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo, FL
    My friends bought me two chicks from a place they found on the way to a new feed store! I think the poor things are rather wild, and clueless. They managed to escape me, so I spent awhile trying to catch them. Ended up waiting til night. They didnt even know to hide in the bushs. They curled up together in the middle of the yard. Made it easy to catch, but the poor things need lots of love! They were covered in mites too, taking care of that. They look like barnyard specials, and have been lucky enough to come to the right place. Ill post pics when they settle down a bit. They are really shook up.

Just had to share. DH doesnt really care awhole lot LOL
    Shannon

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Just talk softly and pet them. Hope you can get rid of the mites and make sure they dont spread to you other babies.

3. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    How sweet. I'm so excite you got them. Give them lots of love and treats and it won't take too long before they love you!

4. farmgirl2477

farmgirl2477 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo, FL
    Ive had them sitting with me all evening. They are starting to calm down. Also got a look, they are fleas not mites! Didnt know fleas would hang on a peeper. Think I killed them all with the sevin dust.

Shannon

5. Ferrn

Ferrn Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2007
    Texas
    AWWW - what a sweet way to spend the evening!!

jen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by