Friend cured of cancer

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Oblio13, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    One of our good friends got tongue cancer, even though he had none of the usual risk factors like smoking, drinking or chewing tobacco. It's a bad cancer in a bad place. He finished a gruesome regimen of chemo and radiation three months ago, and just had his checkup. We've been anticipating this on pins and needles, but the news was as good as it can get: No sign of cancer.

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    That is fantastic news!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My mom has had 4 different types of cancer....I know how good it is to hear those words. Happy for both you and your friend and his family.

4. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    great news!!!

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    That's fantastic news! What an awful cancer to have.

6. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]

7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Awsome news- gives others hope, thank you for sharing. My buddy has 4 types of cancer, begining at lymphoma, sinus cancer and now has found lung cancer cells in his brain. The cancer has migrated prior to growing in his lungs. Also chest lymph nodes have tested for 2 types of cancer. Its not easy but to know that just one person has been able to say "I am clear" , also the medical staff that says your fine! That is when life is good. Thank you for sharing, congrats to all of you survivors of cancer!!!!

8. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    My other mother and best friend was told she had cancer on June 3 of this year and she died 1 week ago today

I am so glad that your friend and his family have won the battle with cancer and I will keep him and his family in my prayers. I am really happy for you, enjoy every minute that you have with him.

9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    That's great! I am glad he beat it!

Zookeeper, I understand! [​IMG] My mom was diagnosed the day after Mother's day in 2002 and died 3 weeks later. It was so fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by