friend/gender feature? Is it possible?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by cjeanean, Oct 22, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Would it be possible to add a feature that allows people to mark their chicken buddies? There are a few specific people that I talk to but a ton of similar usernames, and the only way to really keep track is through my inbox. Then the messages pile up.....and someone gets deleted after I SWEAR I'll remember to write them....LOL! Would that be a little much for BYC? Simple and sweet is really nice, but a 'chicken buddy' feature might be nice. Whatever the case, thanks for the awesome site!!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    On a side note, would it be possible, if people wanted to, to have genders under the avatars??? I don't know how many times I've called someone a lady who was really a dude, and vice versa!!! Like a feature where if someone wanted to they could update their profile to add a 'Hen' or 'Roo' next to where they're from....Just a thought!!!

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hey cjeanean! Thanks for the ideas.

The "buddy list" has been brought up before. We've put it on the "wants" list and have discussed it a little, but we're not sure if it fits with the site. We'll keep it on the list in case we can find a way to work it in seamlessly to the current design.

Regarding genders: Yeah, that is something that has been tricky for many on the forum. Usernames don't convey gender very well, that's for sure (I'm always mistaken as a female). Added to the list (I like the hen/roo idea too).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by